Strawberry picking can be very fun and exciting, so to maximize your fun, there are a few things you should know before you go. What to know when you visit the Fun Farm’s strawberry patch.
- First of all you want to make sure you pick a good time to go. By getting there earlier in the morning there will be a greater chance of finding the biggest ripest strawberries before they are gone.
- You also want to make sure that the weather is good so you can be out there as long as you want to be and be comfortable. When getting ready for the strawberry patch think about wearing dark clothes. After picking tons of strawberries you might have red fingers and you wouldn’t want to stain any of your light clothes.
- You should also wear tennis shoes or shoes that you are comfortable in. If you aren’t looking down and accidentally step on a strawberry it might be a little uncomfortable and sticky if you are wearing sandals.
- Depending on the day you go it might rain or be a little muddy from rain the day before. Since strawberry picking season is in the spring and summer you should expect it to be a little muddy and should dress accordingly.
- If you want to keep your hands clean or wipe down anything you should bring wet wipes. This will be really helpful if your kids are playing around in the mud or dirt.
- A tip to keep your car clean if you come on a muddy day would be to bring plastic bags to tie around your shoes or your children’s shoes so the mud doesn’t get on your seats or floorboard.
- If you plan to be picking all day it is so important to bring snacks. You might get hungry being out in the sun for a long time and eating a snack will help you keep your high energy to pick your fresh strawberries.
- It would also be helpful to bring a water bottle for everyone you come with so that everyone can stay hydrated, especially on a super hot sunny day.
- Things like sunscreen and hats are good to bring depending on the weather that day.
- Lastly, there are not any bathrooms in the field so make sure you take your children before you start your strawberry picking adventure.
If you follow these tips and tricks you are guaranteed to have more time out there and more fun out in the patch.